[slf4j-user] Kudos for solving the CL nightmare

Ceki Gülcü listid at qos.ch
Fri Jul 1 16:27:59 CEST 2005

Hello Alex,

At 12:55 AM 7/1/2005, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>Ceki,
>
>Over at the directory project we're trying to decide on a logging
>framework.  I wanted to go with anything other than commons logging for
>the obvious reasons you have sited several times.  Then we discovered
>SLF4J and I think this is the route we're going to take.  At least we have
>a vote going on it as we speak.  It would be great to have your input as
>we integrate and remove the CL dependency.

I am happy to see the that Apache Directory project is considering SLF4J as
its logging facade. Such decisions are usually not easy to make. I will
gladly answer any questions you might have. Please do not hesitate to
contact the various SLF4J lists (or me directly) with your
questions/comments/criticism regarding SLF4J or its various implementations.

>Also I wanted to ask about any NLog4J distributions you have out there.
>I could not find any to download.  The download page keeps pointing us
>back to the slf4j tarball.  Could you point out the location for
>downloading NLog4J version 1.2.10? Any possibility of putting the jars out
>there on ibiblio.org/maven?

The SLF4J download page was updated yesterday with the download link for
NLOG4J moved to its own separate page. Unfortunately, while the SLF4J page
was updated, the new NLOG4J download page was not. This has been corrected
now. You can download NLOG4J 1.2.13 from:

   http://www.slf4j.org/nlog4j/download.html

I have to admit that I am unfamiliar with ibiblio.org/maven. Who updates
maintains the jar files there? Is it the developer of each library or the
administrators of ibiblio? Is the process documented somewhere?