[slf4j-user] slf4j JDK - does not show the class and method that invokes the logger

Pusposuharto, Budiono Budiono_Pusposuharto at acml.com
Thu Nov 17 17:13:32 CET 2005

Unfortunately, contrary to log4j, the JDK 1.4 API does not allow the
wrapper class, in this case SLF4J, to specify that the caller is one
level
higher. Commons-logging circumvents this limitation by creating an
exception, parsing it and passing the information to JDK 1.4. However,
this
approach can have quite a severe performance impact, which is why SLF4J
did
not adopt the same approach.
<

It seems that if you create a custom logger that inherits the JDK 1.4
Logger class, the caller of the log method gets displayed.
Would this work for with your logger?

Thanks,
Bud

The information contained in this transmission may be privileged and
confidential and is intended only for the use of the person(s) named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible
for delivering this message to the intended recipient, any review, dissemination,
distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and destroy all copies of the original message. Please note that we do not accept
account orders and/or instructions by e-mail, and therefore will not be responsible
for carrying out such orders and/or instructions.  If you, as the intended recipient
of this message, the purpose of which is to inform and update our clients, prospects
and consultants of developments relating to our services and products, would not
like to receive further e-mail correspondence from the sender, please "reply" to the
sender indicating your wishes.  In the U.S.: 1345 Avenue of the Americas, New York,
NY 10105.