[slf4j-user] What about NDC in slf4j ?

Franck Routier franck.routier at axege.com
Wed Feb 15 11:24:21 CET 2006

Le mardi 14 février 2006 à 17:41 +0100, Boris Unckel a écrit :
> Hello Frank,
>
> You have three options:
> 1) Stay at log4j (Why change from one of the best logging APIs in an
> application to an facade/wrapper ?)

Well, you're right... I see two main reasons that would possibly be
taken into account :

- keep the possiblity to switch implementation in case the final client
already has a logging infrastructure and wants to integrate the
product's logs in it

- get rid of those multiple (if logger.isDebugEnabled()) tests in my
code with parametrized messages

Would you think these are good reasons, or am I missing some point ?

Regards,
Franck