[slf4j-user] Re: Re: Varargs for Logger methods

Ceki Gülcü listid at qos.ch
Thu Feb 16 15:56:31 CET 2006

At 03:27 PM 2/16/2006, Kostis Anagnostopoulos wrote:

>I'm emphasizing, at this point, that i suggest to have 2 completely
>different jar
>families, one for java pre-1.5  and one for java-1.5, since the java-1.5 jars
>would not load with pre-1.5 VMs!.

Right. For a small project, SLF4J is already hard to manage. Having two
sets of jars files would be too much to handle. When JDK 1.5 gains wider
acceptance, as you suggest, we can replace the Object[] method with
"Object..." without disruption to clients. (But, I do not see that
happening before 2008 or 2009.)