[slf4j-user] Why 'simple' uses standard out?

Kostis Anagnostopoulos ankostis at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 19:06:55 CET 2006

hello,

I'm wondering whether it is om purpose for slf4j-simple.jar to use the
standard OUT stream?

* Log4j12 uses by default standard OUT but it is configurable.
* JDK14's console handler uses by default the standard ERR.

I think an un-configurable logging sink should use the standard ERR because:
1. It doesn't collide with console apps that utilize the standard out
for processing.
2. It is the default of JDK and the Unix way (i believe for the above reason) .

The change in code is a trivial one.

    ankosts