[slf4j-user] Why 'simple' uses standard out?

Trustin Lee trustin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 15:31:16 CET 2006

'simple' is simple because it is only useful for limited situation.  I
always have considered it as a temporary provider which is useful only for
trivial cases (e.g. unit testing).  Using 'nlog4j' is the right choice if a
user requires something more than stdout.

Writing messages to stdout and stderr by their level is a bad idea because
it can mess up the message order in IDE console (e.g. Eclipse).  So I think
we have to retain the current behavior.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6