[slf4j-user] log4j 1.1 binding needed

Arthur Blake blakesys at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 15 17:20:25 CEST 2007

Hi, I have a friend who was trying to get log4jdbc (my open source jdbc logger that uses SLF4J - see http://log4jdbc.sourceforge.net) running with ColdFusion MX 7.

I have never used Cold Fusion myself, but apparently it is built on top of Java, and uses a Log4j 1.1 logger.

Therefore, he cannot use SLF4J with ColdFusion and it's built in Log4j logger (because SLF4J only has a log4j 1.2 binding that doesn't work with Log4j 1.1.)

So, he has two options:  1. use some other logger side by side with Log4j 1.1 or upgrade to Cold Fusion 8.

However, Cold Fusion 8 has only been out for about a month or so, and he says he won't be doing that anytime soon.

I imagine there could be a very large Cold Fusion user base in that same situation.

I just want to suggest that you might want to create a Log4j 1.1 SLF4J binding and include it in the official SLF4J distribution, if for no other reason then to propogate SLF4J to the widest user base possible.

I imagine this would be a very trivial thing to do (especially for Ceki because he wrote all this stuff originally!)

Arthur