[slf4j-user] Avoiding call to SLF4FLogFactory#release

Dave Golombek daveg at blackducksoftware.com
Tue Aug 28 22:42:37 CEST 2007

I'm running tomcat 5.5.17.0 with SLF4J 1.4.2 on top of Log4J (and using
jcl-over-slf4j-1.4.2.jar) and have encountered the "The method
o.a.commons.logging.impl.SLF4FLogFactory#release  was invoked." warning.
Despite following the instructions at http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html and
reading bug 22 a few times, I'm unable to avoid this problem, and wasn't
sure if I should expect to be able to. In $TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib I have
jcl104-over-slf4j-1.4.2.jar
log4j-1.2.12.jar
slf4j-api-1.4.2.jar
slf4j-log4j12-1.4.2.jar

The only logging jar in my webapp currently is log4j.jar -- having the
slf4j-* jars in there doesn't appear to have made any difference.

Is this warning to be expected, or is there something I can change to work
around this?

Thanks,
Dave Golombek
Senior Software Engineer