[slf4j-user] blog entry on JCL

Matt Raible mraible at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 20:36:46 CET 2007

OK, adding sjf4j-simple as a dependency allows the plugin to work.  I
added the following 3 dependencies:

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>
            <artifactId>jcl104-over-slf4j</artifactId>
            <version>${slf4j.version}</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>
            <artifactId>slf4j-simple</artifactId>
            <version>${slf4j.version}</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>
            <artifactId>slf4j-log4j12</artifactId>
            <version>${slf4j.version}</version>
        </dependency>

However, with commons-logging, my log4j.xml (in src/test/resources)
was picked up and used automatically.  This doesn't seem to be
happening with slf4j.

Thanks,

Matt

--