[slf4j-user] blog entry on JCL

Ceki Gülcü listid at qos.ch
Mon Feb 5 22:29:14 CET 2007

At 09:51 PM 2/5/2007, Matt Raible wrote:
>Is the solution to replace all my application's org.apache.commons imports
>with slf4j imports?  Is so, I can do that.  However, will the other
>libraries (i.e. Spring and Hibernate) continue to have this missing
>location issue when I try to turn up the logging on them? Thanks,

The problem is observed only when using jcl-over-slf4j. So, yes, if your
application used slf4j instead of JCL, you would get correct location
information.

As for other libraries using JCL, the only way to fix bug 23 is to make
extensive modifications to the SLF4J API -- modifications well-beyond
reasonable. I am afraid bug 23 will go unfixed.

Cheers,