[slf4j-user] Marker for object identification?

Ceki Gülcü listid at qos.ch
Wed Feb 7 21:41:15 CET 2007

If you just want to differentiate between multiple threads, you can use set
an MDC [1]. When your runnable object gets garbage-collected, so will the
MDC. The Marker solution could also work, except that Markers can only be
created, not deleted. (Markers do not need to exist in a config file to be
referenced in code. You can create a marker at any time.)

So for in the case of your example as presented in your message, I'd go
with MDC.

[1] http://logback.qos.ch/manual/mdc.html