[slf4j-user] Using slf4j in a library project

Ceki Gülcü listid at qos.ch
Wed Jan 31 23:58:11 CET 2007

At 05:02 PM 1/31/2007, Jacob Kjome wrote:

>Though because LoggerFactory doesn't exist in slf4j-api.jar, this jar is
>kind of
>useless, no?  Why is it built at all?  Only various implementation jars should
>be built.

Hi Jake,

The slf4j-api serves two purposes. First, it greatly simplifies the project
build structure which is now much simpler that what it used to be when we
had an all-including (single) jar per binding. Just as importantly, we
would like to be OSGi friendly, and as I understand it, it is better to
have a separation into two jars instead of just one.