[slf4j-user] Per Web App logging

Mark Stralka mstralka at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 13:00:11 CET 2007

Ceki,

I read the thread about per-web app logging with JBoss.  I followed the thread
to try to implement the same Listener and RepositorySelector for web apps
running on Weblogic 8.1 SP4 but I'm having problems.  I implemented the class
here - http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Log4jRepositorySelector

The SLF4j and Log4j JARs are in the server classpath.  Each web app has its own
log4j.properties file in WEB-INF/ and the apps are loaded alphabetically by
Weblogic.  Each log4j.properties file is configured to to write to a log file
named "webapp".log - where "webapp" matches the app's name.
#WebApp appA log4j.properties
log4j.appender.file.File=c:/logs/appA.log

#WebApp appB log4j.properties
log4j.appender.file.File=c:/logs/appB.

Instead of log entries going into appA.log for appA and appB.log for appB, all
of the log entries are only going into appA.log.

Do you have any ideas why this may be happening?

Thank you
Mark