[slf4j-user] Log4j bridge - deprecated functionality

Ceki Gulcu listid at qos.ch
Wed Aug 20 16:43:39 CEST 2008

Hello Mads,

Mads Pultz wrote:
> That sounds perfect! I noticed that the current svn content only includes
> the getInstance() methods. Do you have any plans on implementing the other
> deprecated methods? See
> http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/apidocs/org/apache/log4j/Category.html
> for reference.

log4j-over-slf4j is only a bridge. We can't implement all methods in Category,
deprecated or not. Otherwise, we'd have log4j. If you need any specific method
implemented, please enter a new bug report listing the missing method(s). Are
there any you have in mind?

QOS.ch is looking to hire talented developers located in
Switzerland. Please contact ceki at qos.ch for details.