[slf4j-user] jcl104-over-slf4j on the web's classpath causes redirection of tomcat's internal logging

Szel, Zoltan (IT) Zoli.Szel at MorganStanley.com
Wed Aug 27 17:52:10 CEST 2008

Hi everyone,

i have a web application which uses jcl as it's dependency(e.g spring). When i deploy my application on tomcat i notice, that tomcat's internal logging ends up in my config file. Is there a way to completely separate the internal logging from my applications logging? I know this can be filtered out very easily, but in that case i will still get logging output until my backend is configured via a servlet. I have googled a lot and haven't found any related issue, so i am wondering what i am doing wrong.

Here is my classpath configuration:

Tomcat's classpath:
    commons-logging-api.jar
    commons-logging.jar