[slf4j-user] JBoss & slf4j

Victor Bucutea victor.bucutea at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 10:37:29 CEST 2008

Hi ,

I'm trying to make my web application which is using log4j , use the slf4j
api or the other way around ( the log4j Logger to log messages through sfl4j
).

As far as yet i have not managed to make either work .

My questions are liste below :

1. When i try replacing the log4j.jar file *log4j-over-slf4j.jar  **( which
in turn provides the replacement classes )  , the JBOSS AS *complains about

"LinkageError" between a previously loaded Class ( org/apache/log4j/Logger )
. This is quite normal , because JBoss loads it's bundled log4j.jar files .
The question is how am I supposed to use slf4j with JBoss ( i couldn't stop
JBoss from loading log4j ,unless I specify in it's classloader that log4j
shouldn't be loaded , but then i got the "noClassDefFoundError" for
org/apache/log4j/Logger , in the slf4j stackTrace ) .

2. When I try using the *slf4j-log4j12-1.5.2 file  *

Output ( which resides in the log4j files ) for "fine" and "finest" levels
is not generated . Just DEBUG and WARN .

Thanks for reading ,

Any ideas and/or suggestions would be appreciated .

Victor

*

*

the problem is that after is replace the