[slf4j-user] Using log4j renderers in slf4j

Udo Christ udo.christ at firstwaters.de
Fri Mar 21 22:20:26 CET 2008

Hi,

 i'm using slf4j with log4j as the backend lib. Both are the latest
 release version. Is it somehow possible to keep the renderers defined in the
 log4j config active when logging through slf4j towards log4j ?

 I do have sensitive information which may not be logged when the application
 is live, but needs to be logged when its developed. Normally i change the
 renderers and thats it. Is there any other way to achieve that using slf4j ?

 My idea would be to change the Log4jAdapter and call the RenderMap.findAndRender
 on the arguments passed into the MessageFormat. Is this not done on purpose for
 speeds sake ?

 thanks and regards
 udo