[slf4j-user] Applet and the java plugin console

Danilo Tuler tuler at pobox.com
Sat May 3 17:19:19 CEST 2008

Hi,

I trying to use SLF4J from an Applet, but I'm not understanding how to
meet my goals.
I wish to use log4j in my development environment (in eclipse), but a
simpler (and smaller) binding in the test/production environment.

As described in [1], the java plugin console does have levels, but it
does not have anything to do with logging levels (like debug, info,
error, etc...).

In my tests I see that only info calls are directed to java plugin
console. Am I correct?
How can I configure JDK logging or simple logging to output debug
calls to java plugin console?

Thanks,
Danilo

[1] http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/deployment/deployment-guide/tracing_logging.html