[slf4j-user] Using slf4j/logback for logging in weblogic 10

Jun Victorio junv at starcomsoft.com
Mon May 5 23:07:08 CEST 2008

Here are some specifics:

We want to put a logging mechanism (both console /file/smtp) in our
webservices (jax-rpc 1.1) application deployed in weblogic 10.3 application
server.  We have an ear file that constains the following weblogic module
(jee): (1) web services class; (2) stateless session beans (ejb);  (3)
several web servlet application (package as a war file).  We want is an
overall logging mechanism for all this module/stacks.  Right now weblogic
10.3 comes out of the box support for jdk logging-api,  apache
commons-logging and log4j and I can't find any examples or some tips on
doing this using slf4j/logback instead of log4j.  Like for example, do I
created a startup class to setup the JoranConfiguration class and load my
logback.xml configuration files and start my logging init there, or create a
startup servlet and do it there or something else.  I'm trying to use it
because I think slf4j/logback is better than jdk logging-api/jcl or log4j.
So I really appreciate if you can help me in this issue.

Thanks.