[slf4j-user] Some considerations about the FATAL-level

Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen ravn at runjva.com
Fri Oct 3 09:06:15 CEST 2008

Joern Huxhorn skrev:

> Now, however, I think Ceki was right about his dislike of the trace
> level because tracing of an application is an orthogonal concept, i.e.
> if you'd like to have trace information it doesn't necessarily mean
> that you are interested in debug and info messages of the traced code.

I think this is a correct observation - that using logging for tracing
is different than using logging for status information.

In other words we have another type of problem than a "nail", but we are
still using the hammer to deal with it since it is the tool we happen to
have :)

Thoughts?

--
  Thorbjørn