[slf4j-user] JDK logging bridge and Tomcat

snicoll stephane.nicoll at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 17:36:58 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have migrated an application to slf4j and I redirect the JDK logging
output to it. Things are working fine but I have a bad side effect

I am using Maven and the cargo plugin to start tomcat, run some integration
tests on it and stop tomcat. Since I moved to slf4j, cargo is unable to stop
tomcat.

See also:
http://www.nabble.com/Cargo-fails-to-stop-Tomcat-with-slf4j-jul-bridge-tt19898301.html#a19898301

If I remove one line of code (SLF4JBridgeHandler.install(); ) everything is
working fine (but I don't have the JDK5 logging redirection of course)