[slf4j-user] Error Message

Patrick Markiewicz pmarkiewicz at sim-gtech.com
Mon Feb 23 23:35:21 CET 2009

Hi,

            I recently tried to install a Shibboleth Identity Provider.
I'm seeing an error that is described here:
http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#release

The thing is, I do not have commons-logging.jar in my Tomcat lib
directory.  I only have commons-el.jar.  If I move jcl104-over-slf4j.jar
into commons/lib, I receive an error complaining:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/slf4j/LoggerFactory

If someone could point me to an explanation of what slf4j depends on to
work properly, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Patrick