[slf4j-user] Grails (log4j) + ZK(jul) -> SLF4J with log4j

madruga0315 omadruga at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 04:15:22 CET 2009

Hello guys,

Im in a project with grails with log4j and zk with jul.

I want to make zk logs output through log4j

So I putted the slf4j-log4j12.jar, slf4j-api.jar and jul-to-slf4j.jar into
my lib folder (all version 1.5.6)

The logs from grails are using SLF4J (in my logs something like "logging to
org.slf4j.impl.Log4JLoggerAdapter via org.mortbay.log.Slf4jLog"), my log4j
conf is setted to info, and when some error is logged by zk (severe or
fatal) apperently is logged normal with jul, and not using slf-log4j

The site states "jul-to-slf4j present and SLF4JBridgeHandler added to root
logger"

I have no ideia what to do to implement "BridgeHandler added to root
logger", can some one give me some points on this matter?

Thank you,
Madruga