[slf4j-user] Log4j over SLF4J incorrect value for Source Class Name

Marc Zampetti zampettim at aim.com
Thu Mar 26 21:42:12 CET 2009

I'm using the log4j-over-slf4j to route apps that use log4j to JUL. The
problem that I run into is when the message is finally routed to the JDK JUL
formatter, the correct information for the Source Class Name is wrong.
Instead of being the class name of the class that called the log4j
Logger.info() method, the class name is log4j.Category.

Anyone know why this is, and how do I fix it?  I'm using slf4j 1.5.6.