[slf4j-user] [slf4j-dev] [POLL] Requiring JDK 1.5 for SLF4J

Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen ravn at runjva.com
Fri Mar 27 20:14:13 CET 2009

Joern Huxhorn skrev:

> The following link contains a news story about SAP paying Sun big time
> to keep supporting Java 1.4.x for their customers. Unfortunately, it's
> in german and I couldn't find that info in English:
> http://www.heise.de/newsticker/SAP-bezahlt-Sun-aeltere-Java-Versionen-aktuell-zu-halten--/meldung/121816

Google provide a "Translate" link when searching on a link:

http://www.google.com/search?q=http://www.heise.de/newsticker/SAP-bezahlt-Sun-aeltere-Java-Versionen-aktuell-zu-halten--/meldung/121816

Even to Danish the translation is readable :)

For those REALLY interested the Java coming with OpenSolaris is this
"long term business support" version.  I believe there is a license for
it included automatically.

Perhaps SAP would buy Sun instead of IBM? :-o

--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen  "...plus... Tubular Bells!"