[slf4j-user] SLF4J on the Google Android Platform

Thorsten Möller Thorsten.Moeller at unibas.ch
Thu Oct 22 16:40:19 CEST 2009

Dear all,

we are happy to announce that we have finished developing a new logger
binding for SLF4J so that it can be directly used on the Google Android
Platform. This new binding (implementation of org.slf4j.Logger)
basically maps all log requests to corresponding logging methods calls
that are provided on the Android platform. The implementation is quite
slim. In fact, that Jar which bundles both the API part and the
implementation is less than 30kB in size (note that both need to be
bundled in one file because of the way Andoid processes JARs into APKs).

The following lines are rather addressed to the SLF4J maintainers.
We have not yet published the project because we would like to
contribute it to the SLF4J community, under the same license terms. What
do you think?

Best,
Thorsten

--