[slf4j-user] SLF4J + Logback + jcl-over-slf4j + Spring Framework = TONS of DEBUG logging

Dana P'Simer danap at dhptech.com
Sun Oct 25 00:36:27 CEST 2009

I am using springframework in an application I am writing and I want to use
SLF4J for my logging.  I noticed that Spring's logging looked different and
so I added in the jcl-over-slf4j and now Spring's logging looks like mine
but I am getting a TON of it at DEBUG level.  Here's a sample:

17:52:42.134 {main} INFO  o.s.b.f.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader - Loading XML
bean definitions from class path resource [bootstrap-context.xml]
17:52:42.154 {main} DEBUG o.s.b.f.xml.DefaultDocumentLoader - Using JAXP
provider
[com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl]
17:52:42.246 {main} DEBUG o.s.b.f.xml.PluggableSchemaResolver - Loading
schema mappings from [META-INF/spring.schemas]

Here's my logback.xml:

<configuration>

  <appender name="STDOUT" class="ch.qos.logback.core.ConsoleAppender">
    <layout class="ch.qos.logback.classic.PatternLayout">
      <Pattern>%d{HH:mm:ss.SSS} {%thread} %-5level %logger{36} -
%msg%n</Pattern>
    </layout>
  </appender>

  <logger name="org.springframework" level="INFO"/>

  <root level="info">
    <appender-ref ref="STDOUT" />
  </root>
</configuration>

I know I have this in the right place because, I changed some small aspect
of the format Pattern to be sure.

I first tried it without the <logger name="org.springframework"...>  tag and
got the same result.

Am I missing something here?  Seems to me this config should work, at least
according to my reading of the logback docs.

Should I be posting this to the logback forum?

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dana P'Simer