[slf4j-user] SLF4J w/Log4J and Axis2 - No Log File is created

Scott Selvia sselvia at datamentors.com
Tue Sep 15 22:56:07 CEST 2009

Sorry for the incomplete text:

I renamed the existing slf4j 1.52.jar's to .org, that were part of the rampart 1.5 lib folder.  I then copied the latest slf4j slf4j-api-1.5.8.jar and slf4j-log4j12-1.5.8.jar into the apache-tomcat-6.0.20\webapps\axis2\WEB-INF\lib folder.  With the commons-logging.properties entry and the log4j.properties files I thought that log4j was being used as the logging framework.

If I reset to my original slf4j 1.52 original rampart jars and put my code back to calling the Log4j logger package the log file get written even with the commons-logging.properties and log4j.properties as shown below.

Scott Selvia
Manger of Product Development
(O) 813.960.7800 x102
(F) 813.960.7811
http://www.datamentors.com

This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify DataMentors, LLC immediately by
replying to this message and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.