[slf4j-user] Typos and error on project web page

Erik van Oosten e.vanoosten at grons.nl
Sun Aug 29 20:41:20 CEST 2010

Yes, that is mostly, but not entirely true. But it doesn't change the
fact that a backslash is always represented by \\.

Btw, this is also valid:
char c = '\\';

Conversively, I have also seen generated code that failed because the
username started with a 'u':
// Imported from c:\program files\documents\uri\etc\etc

In this case the compile will complain that the line contains an invalid
character.

Regards,
     Erik.

Op 28-08-10 21:33, Grant Birchmeier schreef:
> Outside of some double-quotes, I'm pretty sure \\ is just a junk token.
>
> On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 2:26 PM, Erik van Oosten <e.vanoosten at grons.nl
> <mailto:e.vanoosten at grons.nl>> wrote:
>
>     Why is that better? In *all* java code a backslash is represented
>     by \\.
>
>     Regards,
>        Erik.
>

>     Op 27-08-10 23:50, Ceki Gülcü schreef:
>

>         Thanks David.
>
>         On 27/08/2010 11:01 PM, David Balažic wrote:
>
>             Hi!
>
>             On page http://www.slf4j.org/faq.html#logging_performance
>             It says:
>             Note that within Java code, the backslash cracacter needs
>             to be written as '\\'.
>
>             Better:
>             Note that within Java strings, the backslash character
>             needs to be written as '\\'.
>

>             On http://www.slf4j.org/manual.html :
>             For example, the slf4j-log12-1.6.1.jar binding is bound at
>             compile time to use log4j.
>
>             It should be slf4j-log4j12-1.6.1.jar , I guess.
>

>             Regards,
>             David Balažic

>     --
>     Erik van Oosten