[slf4j-user] Slightly OT: configuring Hibernate logging level and SLF4J using JDK 1.4 logger

Robert Elliot rob at lidalia.org.uk
Thu Dec 9 13:50:52 CET 2010

It's not really a Hibernate or an SLF4J question.  You've chosen to use java.util.logging as your backend to SLF4J, so it's a java.util.logging question.

I'd guess the majority of SLF4J users use Logback or Log4J as the backend to SLF4J, certainly I do, so I'm not particularly familiar with how to configure JULI.

I would guess all you need is here:
http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/logging/overview.html

There's an example JULI config file here, complete with definition of how you tell Java to use it:
http://www.javapractices.com/topic/TopicAction.do?Id=143