[slf4j-user] Slightly OT: configuring Hibernate logging level and SLF4J using JDK 1.4 logger

Karsten Wutzke kwutzke at web.de
Thu Dec 9 14:09:49 CET 2010

>It's not really a Hibernate or an SLF4J question.

I disagree, because Hibernate causes all the INFO log entries and it DEPENDS on SLF4J. My choice for the JDK logger was purely for simplicity. However, there must be a way to tell Hibernate to only log starting from warning level. That's what I want to know. Configuring the JDK logger here doesn't make much sense because Hibernate will use whatever I have chosen. If I switch to another SLF4J logger implementation then the same problem would reappear, so your answer isn't really helpful.

Thanks anyway
Karsten