[slf4j-user] Slightly OT: configuring Hibernate logging level and SLF4J using JDK 1.4 logger

Ot ávio Scherer Garcia otavio at otavio.com.br
Thu Dec 9 17:22:58 CET 2010

This is java.util.logging issue.

You can change log levels easy using a config file.

handlers=java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler, java.util.logging.FileHandler
.level=INFO # you can choose the default level
org.hibernate.level=SEVERE

java.util.logging.FileHandler.formatter=java.util.logging.SimpleFormatter
java.util.logging.FileHandler.level=FINEST

java.util.logging.FileHandler.pattern=/the/path/for/my.log

You need to start your app with these parameter

-Djava.util.logging.config.file=/path/for/the/config-file/logging.properties

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4394179/hibernate-how-do-you-adjust-the-default-logging-level-sjf4j-and-jdk-1-4-logger