[slf4j-user] Performance and the JDK1.4 logger

Stephen Haberman stephen at exigencecorp.com
Fri Mar 5 00:14:18 CET 2010

> I've created a bug report to deal with this bug. Thank your for the
thorough analysis of the problem.

fillCallerData is still called for all logging calls in JDK14LoggerAdapter.
I also cannot find the bug in bugzilla--searching for either
"fillCallerData" or "stack" did not turn it up. Which bug is it?

This seems easy enough to fix by subclassing jul Record lazy initializing
the fillCallerData when the class name/method name methods are actually
called. This is what jdk14 does anyway, from what I can tell.

Thanks,
Stephen