[slf4j-user] NoSuchMethodError org.slf4j.helpers.Util.reportFailure

Rafael Angarita angarita.rafael at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 00:02:31 CET 2010

Hello everyone,

I'm creating a Java project that uses the slf4j library. I download slf4j
and added the jar slf4j-api-1.6.1.jar  to my classpath, but I get the next
runtime error:

org.slf4j.helpers.Util.reportFailure(Ljava/lang/String;)V
    at org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder.<init>(StaticLoggerBinder.java:85)
    at
org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder.<clinit>(StaticLoggerBinder.java:53)
    at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.bind(LoggerFactory.java:121)
    at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.performInitialization(LoggerFactory.java:111)
    at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getILoggerFactory(LoggerFactory.java:268)
    at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getLogger(LoggerFactory.java:241)
    at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getLogger(LoggerFactory.java:254)

I see that the two methods the class Util contains are:

static void report(String msg)
static void report(String msg, Throwable t)

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you very much