[slf4j-user] No message is logged except error level

Marek Šabo msabo at buk.cvut.cz
Tue Oct 19 19:00:15 CEST 2010

  Hi all,

I would like to ask a question, hope I'm in right place.
I want to start using slf4j with log4j (used log4j before). I have
wicket based webapp in maven project.

Versions of libs:
log4j-1.2.16
slf4j-log4j12-1.4.3
slf4j-api-1.5.8

My log4j.properties:

log4j.appender.Stdout=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.Stdout.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.Stdout.layout.conversionPattern=%-5p - %-26.26c{1} - %m\n

log4j.rootLogger=INFO, Stdout
log4j.logger.cz.cvut.fit.mdw.stream=DEBUG
log4j.logger.org.apache.wicket=INFO

 From class cz.cvut.fit.mdw.stream.web.StreamSession i call these
logging statements:
LoggerFactory.getLogger(StreamSession.class).trace("Authentication login
success.");
and same for debug, info, warn and error.

The problem is, only error message is displayed in tomcat console. I
thought it was conflict with commons-logging dependency so I removed it
but that didn't help. On the other hand, eclipse link and wicket info
messages are logged just fine, as the INFO parameter of rootLogger would
suggest. Any ideas where to start debugging or what it might be?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

--

Marek Šabo