[slf4j-user] slf4j, logback and akuma: File rolling seems to don't work

Michael Stummvoll michael at stummi.org
Wed Sep 29 18:36:03 CEST 2010

Hello,

(Please excuse probably bad english. I am not an native speaker)

I have some problems with an java project using sl4j, logback and akuma
(java library for daemonizing).
I configured the logger for rolling logfiles. The file shall grow till
its size is 5MB, then it will be zipped and renamed.

Config file: http://nopaste.info/c8c134cc91.html

I tested this with follow code, and it worked fine:
http://nopaste.info/0b51213044.html

But when I daemonize it with akuma, it don't roll the logfiles anymore.
It just writes the output into the logfile even it grows above the
configured size of 5MB. The pattern and the filename is applied, so it
seems that the logging.conf is readed. It just don't "roll" the
logfiles: http://nopaste.info/159248aad5.html

I tried to get help on the site of akuma, but the project seams to be
dead. (No actions in the repository since 9 months, there isn't a
working mailinglist where i can post my problem), so I hope somebody
here has any Ideas, why the rolling don't seems to work.

Greetings,
Michael