[slf4j-user] Maven logging binding for SLF4J?

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Wed Apr 6 09:26:31 CEST 2011

On 06.04.2011 08:32, Erik Boye wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am implementing a Maven plugin based on code that uses the SLF4J API
> for logging. A Maven plugin should forward all its log statements to the
> Maven log system, so I have been trying to find a Maven logging binding
> for SLF4J. I cannot imagine I am the only one with this requirement, but
> so far no luck…
>
> About logging from Maven plugins:
>
> http://sonatype.com/books/maven-book/reference/writing-plugins-sect-logging.html
>
> Does anyone have any idea on how to achieve what I want? I have
> temporary implemented an SLF4J binding for Maven logging. It is working,
> but I am not satisfied with the log binding initialization, which is
> currently based on nasty static fields and methods. Please let me know
> if anyone is interested in having a look at the code, and I will send it
> privately.
>
> If a SLF4J binding for Maven logging is the only way to achieve this, I
> would like to find a “home” for the code. Could this ”home” be the SLF4J
> community, or is this to specific to be part of the SLF4J family of log
> implementations?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Erik

Hi Eric,

Yegor Bugayenko apaarently had a similar idea:
http://trac.fazend.com/rempl/browser/rempl/trunk/plugins/plugin-maven/src/main/java/org/slf4j/impl

I think SLF4J is a good home for such code. We would need to agree on
the project name and structure and get the ball rolling.

Cheers,

QOS.ch, main sponsor of cal10n, logback and slf4j open source projects,
is looking to hire talented software engineers. For further details, see
http://logback.qos.ch/job.html