[slf4j-user] SLF4J library using an image

Thorsten Möller Thorsten.Moeller at unibas.ch
Sun Aug 14 13:35:18 CEST 2011

Am 13.08.2011 um 22:17 schrieb jakartaman:

> Now someone needs to take a decision!!11!!

Well, just my opinion: both make sense to me. Erik's original version clearly and tersely describes the (gradual) transition from a logging framework other than SLF4J up to the point where just SLF4J backed by Logback is used. And I presume depicting this transition was Erik's intention.

Ceki's version appeared more comprehensive to me in depicting all the combinations in which SLF4J can be deployed. Honestly, however, I was interrupted a bit by the arrows since their semantics is not intuitive and was also not explained in the legend. To me they are not really necessary and I would prefer the typical layered way of depicting it using vertically stacked boxes.

To conclude, both are reasonable to the projects documentation, just at different places: Erik's could be used for supporting one way (the preferred way?) of (gradually) moving from another logging framework to "pure" SLF4J logging; Ceki's could be used to support all the different deployment combinations.

Thorsten