[slf4j-user] SLF4J library using an image

Erik van Oosten e.vanoosten at grons.nl
Mon Aug 15 21:01:50 CEST 2011

Of course this must exactly be the day that no-ip took my DNS entry down
(see
http://day-to-day-stuff.blogspot.com/2011/08/version-99-dns-off-line.html).

Reposted here:
http://www.grons.nl/concrete-bindings-eoo.odg
http://www.grons.nl/concrete-bindings-eoo.png

BTW, I don't care so much for arrows or not. Its just that they are
usually not used in this software stacks.

Kind regards,
     Erik.

Op 15-08-11 10:15, Erik van Oosten schreef:
> Hello Ceki,
>
> I've added some color and removed the adaption layer from the
> 'unbound' case. What do you think?
>
> http://no-commons-logging.zapto.org/concrete-bindings-eoo.odg
> http://no-commons-logging.zapto.org/concrete-bindings-eoo.png
>
> I think that displaying these stacks horizontally would improve the
> presentation somewhat more. It emphasizes what a mess you have when
> you include commons-logging in the mix :)
>
> Regards,
>      Erik.
>

> Op 14-08-11 22:56, Ceki Gülcü schreef:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've updated the illustrations taking into account your comments. The
>> updated files are located at:
>>
>>   http://slf4j.org/images/concrete-bindings.odg
>>   http://slf4j.org/images/concrete-bindings.png
>>
>>   http://slf4j.org/images/legacy.odg
>>   http://slf4j.org/images/legacy.png
>>

>> The audience for these illustrations are users with little or no prior
>> understanding of or exposure to SLF4J. More concretely, with the help
>> of these illustrations, new users should hopefully stop placing
>> multiple binding artifacts on the class path at the same time.
>>
>> IMO, the arrows convey useful information with respect to direction of
>> invocations albeit perhaps in a stylistically inelegant way.
>>
>> Anyway, your suggestions for further improvements most welcome. In
>> particular regarding the unification of the stacked and arrowed styles
>> (if possible).
>>
>> Cheers,

Erik van Oosten