[slf4j-user] Adding Logger.log

Chris Pratt thechrispratt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 19:11:20 CET 2011

Would it be possible to add a method to the Log4j Logger interfact that
would delegate directly to Logback's
Logger.log(Marker,fqcn,level,message,args,t) and Log4j's
Category.log(fqcn,level,message,t) and java.util.logging's
Logger.logp(level,sourceClass,sourceMethod,msg,t) methods?  I'm in the
process of developing an enhancement to your Logger interface at
http://code.google.com/p/anodyzed) and would like to delegate directly to
SLF4j rather than having to re-implement all the plumbing that you've done
a marvelous job with.
  (*Chris*)

P.S.  As an option, I wouldn't be opposed at all to merging my advanced
logger in with maybe an SLF4j 2.0 (since it would slightly change the
interface) if you were interested.