[slf4j-user] Multi-step configuration

David Felsenthal dfelsenthal at batterymarch.com
Thu Oct 6 23:16:44 CEST 2011

I have read the FAQ and looked on the net and banged my head into this.
My configuration file is:

<configuration scan="true" debug="true">

	<appender name="DB" class="ch.qos.logback.classic.db.DBAppender">
		<connectionSource class="ch.qos.logback.core.db.DataSourceConnectionSource">
			<dataSource class="com.mchange.v2.c3p0.ComboPooledDataSource">
				<driverClass>org.postgresql.Driver</driverClass>
				<jdbcUrl>jdbc:postgresql://dfelsenthal-pc2/testdb_david</jdbcUrl>
				<user>user</user>
				<password>password</password>
			</dataSource>
		</connectionSource>
	</appender>

	<logger name="com.mchange.v2" level="OFF" />
	<logger name="org.hibernate" level="WARN" />

	<root level="INFO">
		<appender-ref ref="DB" />
	</root>
</configuration>

and I am getting the usual

SLF4J: The following loggers will not work becasue they were created
SLF4J: during the default configuration phase of the underlying logging system.
SLF4J: See also http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#substituteLogger
SLF4J: com.mchange.v2.log.MLog

Can anyone suggest how to set up the multi-step for the c3p0 classes?
I can't quite figure it out.

Thanks in advance,
David

This message is intended for the addressee only and may contain privileged or confidential information. Unless you are the intended recipient, you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone any information contained in this message. If you have received this message in error, please notify the author by replying to this message and then kindly delete the message. Thank you.