[slf4j-user] Automated checker for SLF4J

Roman Muntyanu rmuntyan at softserveinc.com
Fri Aug 10 17:34:24 CEST 2012

Nice idea.
I wonder if it's possible to validate slf4j's formatting e.g.

    catch(ItemNotFoundException ex) {
      LOG.error("Item with id={} occurred and name={} does not exist", id, ex);
    }

would generate code-analysis warning that number of placeholders does not match the number of provided parameters
and

  LOG.debug("Hello {}!", new Object [] {"world", "people","moto"});

would generate warning that there are more parameters than placeholders.