[slf4j-user] Slf4j and JCL in JBOSS

Tony Qian tonyqian at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 24 20:36:35 CEST 2012

All,

I'm running into logging problem in our application. Here is the background about application.

APP server: JBoss 5.0.1
Application: RESTFul services built on RESTEasy. We use JCL and log4j in our services.(Like to switch to SLF4j since we have had a  lot of class loading issue).
Note: RESTEasy uses slf4j.

In Jboss start script, we redirect standard error and standard output to default.out file (2>&1 >default.out).

Problem: somehow, all service logs at INFO level go to default.out. I have put jcl-over-slf4j-1.5.8.jar and slf4j-log4j12-1.5.8.jar in JBoss lib directory. It doesn't seem to fix the problem.

Any suggestion to fix it?

Thanks,
Tony