[slf4j-user] Why is Logger not serializable

cowwoc cowwoc at bbs.darktech.org
Wed Feb 1 17:01:57 CET 2012

Florian,

     According to Effective Java the Serializable mechanism (like other
"marker interfaces") has problems and so to avoid "infecting" all
implementations (requiring them to actually implement Serializable)
you're supposed to just mark the implementation classes.

     The code-analysis tool is right in the sense you could end up using
a Logger implementation which is *not* serializable (I believe Logback
is). You can either depend on Logback directly or ask the code analysis
tool to suppress the warning for this field.

Gili