[slf4j-user] AMQP Client + Jboss6.1 final = slf4j problem

Alex O'Ree spyhunter99 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 04:11:56 CET 2012

I've ran into a strange problem and don't know how to go about solving
it. I'm running a Jboss 6.1 final application server, which comes
bundled with slf4j version 1.5.6. Jboss appears to be very picky about
altering the slf jars.

Regardless, I'm attempting to bind to a AMQP broker using their Java
client libraries that apparently rely on something with slf4j. The
following is the stack trace I'm getting. I'm assuming this is some
kind of versioning issue. The relevant stack trace is below. Any
takers on this?

Caused by: java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: when
resolving method
"org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder.getLoggerFactory()Lorg/slf4j/ILoggerFac
tory;" the class loader (instance of
org/jboss/classloader/spi/base/BaseClassLoader) of the current class,
org/slf4j/LoggerFactory, and the class loader (instan
ce of org/jboss/classloader/spi/base/BaseClassLoader) for resolved
class, org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder, have different Class objects
for the type org/slf4j
/ILoggerFactory used in the signature