[slf4j-user] Helper to parse message pattern

Chris Pratt thechrispratt at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 00:30:39 CEST 2012

I would totally love to do that.  I know that if I can get a version of the
Logger.write method that takes the FQDN added to the current API I could
bring mine in much closer to Ceki's, but I haven't had enough time lately
to figure out exactly what changes would be necessary.

Luckily, you shouldn't have to do a slash-n-hack on your existing files,
the two should live fine side-by-side during a "transition" period.

I've thought of possibly providing an "add-on" to slf4j that might provide
the enhanced syntax without breaking existing problems, but again, there
doesn't seem to be enough time in the day.
  (*Chris*)