[slf4j-user] Localizing log levels

Dario Campagna campagna at esteco.com
Tue May 29 11:43:03 CEST 2012

Hi all,

   Yesterday I started experimenting with the org.slf4j.cal10n package
for generating localized logs using logback loggers. I found it very
simple to use in order to generate localized log messages, but I did
not find a way to localize log level names.

Moreover, I noticed that when changing the default locale the log
level names (i.e., TRACE, DEBUG, INFO, etc.) remain the same. They do
not change to localized severity level texts like with
java.util.logging loggers.

Is there a way to localize log levels (other than rewriting parts of
slf4j/logback)?

Best regards,
Dario