[slf4j-user] SLF4J with log4j 2

Mark James mj010273 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 11:13:57 CEST 2013

I am new to SLF4J and Java logging in general.

After some research it seems the best option for a flexible and scalable logging environment is SLF4J and log4j 2.  As I understand it I use SLF4J as the interface (facade) and log4j 2 as the implementation, this also means I can change the implementation (for example to java.util.logging) in the future.

My problem is setting up a simple hello world project (I'm using NetBeans) as I do not know which combination of jar files are needed.

Having downloaded SLF4J and log4j 2, there are lots of libraries in each project and I cannot find a combination that works,  would someone be kind enough to tell me exactly which files (full filenames) I need from each project.

Thanks.