[slf4j-user] Replaceable MessageFormatter

Ceki Gülcü ceki at qos.ch
Thu Dec 26 11:19:18 CET 2013

Hi Chris,

It is not possible to configure a different  MessageFormatter than the
default. The current API does not and will not support changing the
MessageFormatter because allowing for such changes would open the door
for errors. For example, if your application A depends on library L, and
F1 and F2 are two formatting conventions, then if A uses format F1 and L
uses F2, then any choice of formatting convention would cause errors
either in A or in L.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays,