[slf4j-user] First time user : logger.debug() and Android

Richie Hamburg rileyrg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 12:28:33 CET 2014

I'm having a hard time understanding how the logging levels work.

I have set up Maven dependencies to enable slf4j to work in Android.

 <dependency>
            <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>
            <artifactId>slf4j-android</artifactId>
            <version>1.7.6</version>
  </dependency>

Maven does its stuff and I see I have the following dependencies
correctly installed:

http://i.imgur.com/HMeKRUC.jpg

In my app I have the following for testing purposes:-

logger.debug("XXX logger.debug");
Log.d("riley","XXX Log.d");

The Log.d() results in a logcat entry. The logger.debug() doesnt.

What have I missed or need to configure?

regards

r.